- 2 pounds of 80/20 ground beef
- 2 tablespoons of bacon powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce (substitute with tomato ketchup for less spice)
- 1/3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked peppercorn blend
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 scallions, chopped finely
- 3 garlic cloves, minced finely
- 2 pieces of white bread with crust removed and cut into small pieces
- 1 egg
In a large bowl, combine milk and bread. Then, mix well until the consistency is that of a thick paste. Add pepper blend, granulated onion, sea salt, garlic, egg and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well.
Gently mix in ground beef and scallions. Roll meat mixture into balls and then flatten them into patties. Create a depression in the center of each patty to keep them from puffing up in the middle.
Cook on the cast iron grill grates until desired doneness and internal temperature have been reached.
Have a little of our Texas Smoked Brisket leftover? Try adding 1/4 cup of minced brisket to the hamburger meat mixture for more smoky flavor.