With oatmeal cinnamon streusel and bourbon brown sugar whipped cream!
Create this light summer dish with your Three Beef Ribs recipe, along with Summer Succotash! Goldens’ Cast Iron presents “Cook and a Conversation” with Executive Chef, Matthew Statham from Saw’s BBQ. Watch this fascinating video and enjoy the recipes!
- 6 Ripe Free Stone Peaches, cut in half and pit removed
- 2-3 Tablespoon of streusel per peach, recipe follows
Bourbon brown sugar whipped cream, recipe follows
Place halved peaches onto Goldens cast iron grill preheated to 375º – 400º F, allow to cook undisturbed for 5-7 minutes until desired charring and softening of the peaches occurs. This may take more time for less ripe fruit and less time if your fruit is very ripe. Plate by putting a Tbsp of the streusel into the void left by the pit in each half, top with as much or as little whipped cream as desired, and a healthy sprinkling of more streusel over the top.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into cubes and softened to room temp
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup raw cane sugar
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon good quality bourbon, we used Clyde May’s straight bourbon
- ½ tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer and using whip attachment, whip on high for 3-4 minutes until stiff peaks form. Be careful not to over whip. (chill the bowl of your stand mixer and the whip attachment in your freezer beforehand to expedite the process)