Looking for an easy-to-make, all-purpose pork rub recipe? Look no further. Great on ribs, butts, shoulders, loins and chops alike. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup smoked Hungarian paprika
- 1/2 cup ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cracked peppercorn blend
- 2 teaspoons of granulated onion
- 2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon harissa powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt to taste
Thoroughly whisk together all the ingredients in a bowl making sure there are no clumps. Rub generously onto meat, cover in aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight before cooking.
Store in an airtight container.
Coat pork in yellow mustard to allow rub to adhere while cooking. Don’t like yellow mustard? No worries, the mustard flavor does not add or take away from the meat. You’ll never know it was there.