Delite your inner Leprechaun with this “pot of gold coin” scalloped potatoes. A perfect side for our Smoked Corn Beef Brisket and just in time for St. Patrick’s Day.
- 1 lb new potatoes, sliced into medallions
- 1 can cream of onion soup
- 4 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup bacon crumbles
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar, shredded and separated
Set your Goldens’ Cast Iron Cooker using configuration shown & bring the temperature up to 350 degrees. Monitor cooking temperature throughout process and adjust vents as needed to keep temperature consistently 350 degrees. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray and set over to the side.
Mix together potatoes, cream of onion soup, chopped green onion, minced basil, chopped onion, bacon crumbles, pepper jack cheese and 1/2 cup of the shredded cheddar.
Pour the mixture into your baking dish or cast iron crocks and cook for about 45 minutes. Carefully remove the potatoe dishes from the cooker and let sit for five minutes.