Delight your family and guests at your next cookout with our Red, White and Blue Cheesecake Ginger Cookie Bites. These cheesecake cookie bites are easy to make and best of all, there is a delicious low fat option. If you don’t tell them its lower in fat they’ll never know. Its our little secret.
- 2 cups of blueberries
- 2 cups of strawberries (sliced)
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 packaged Ginger Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup 50% less fat whipped cream topping
- 1 8oz package of softened 1/3 less fat Neufchatel cream cheese
- 11/4 cup of sugar divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla butter flavoring
First, prepare your cookie mix according to the directions on the box. Adjust your cooker to bake and heat according to the temperature as directed on the box. Place your cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake in your cooker. Once baked, carefully remove your cookies and allow them to cool completely before applying the filling and topping.
- 1/2 cup of 50% less fat whipped cream topping
- 8oz. package of 1/3 less fat Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla butter flavoring
Add all the ingredients into a medium mixing bowl. Mix well with a hand blender. Cover the filling with plastic film and place in the refrigerator to stiffen.
Once everything has cooled it’s time to assemble your cheesecake ginger cookies. Place your cookies on a plate and spoon filling mixture on each cookie. (If you have piping materials, you can use them to pipe the mixture onto the cookies for a fancier look.) Create a small well in each filling and spoon in your toppings. Place the cookies in the refrigerator for 2 hours before serving.